In co-operation with Transport Canada, Britax Child Safety, Inc. has issued a VOLUNTARY RECALL on all B-Safe 35, B-Safe 35 Elite, Bob B-Safe 35 and Britax Travel Systems with a manufacture date of November 1st, 2015 through May 31st, 2017. The stroller from the travel system is not affected in any way.
This recall only involves the chest clip on certain B-Safe 35, B-Safe 35 Elite and BOB B-Safe 35 infant car seat models identified on www.bsafe35clip.com. You can continue to safely use the affected car seat until you receive your free remedy kit as long as you remove the chest clip or monitor the centre tab of the chest clip for signs of breakage. The chest clip is not a required safety device: it is added to the harness system to help position the shoulder straps. Consumers should always ensure that the harness straps are tight and properly positioned at or slightly below the child’s shoulders. To verify the tightness of the harness straps consumers should make sure they cannot vertically pinch any webbing at the child’s collar bone.
This recall comes after Britax received reports that the centre tab on the chest clip can break presenting a choking hazard to an infant in the car seat. To date, there have been no choking injuries reported in the United States or Canada.
If you are using your infant car seat, or plan to use it in the future please visit www.bsafe35clip.com and follow these steps:
1. Look for the Date of Manufacture (DOM) label on the back of the infant car seat shell
2. Compare the DOM details to the model names and date range listed on the site
3. If your seat is affected and you registered your seat, you will automatically be sent a free replacement chest clip
4. If your seat is affected and you didn’t register your seat, you can order your free kit on www.bsafe35clip.com
5. Until you receive your replacement chest clip, you can continue to safely use the car seat as long as you remove your current chest clip or monitor the centre tab of the chest clip for signs of breakage
6. Before installing the new replacement chest clip, review the printed step-by-step instructions and/or watch the how-to video on the site
7. Do not return the product to Snuggle Bugz as we are unable to provide you with a replacement chest clip
If you would like to speak with a Britax Customer Service representative, please call 1-833-474-7016. Customer Service business hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET and extended hours on Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET
Thank you for your attention to this matter,