It’s almost time for baby to join your world. Do you have a name picked out yet?
Choosing your baby’s name can be tough! They’re going to have it their entire life. No pressure, right?
So, where do you start?
Here are some things to consider when deciding on a name for your baby:
- Style: Do you go trendy? Classic? Or Unique? A quick google search of top baby names will either add options to your list or veto them completely.
- Meaning: Is the meaning of the name important to you? Do you have a special family member you’d like your baby named after? Or a place or character in a story that’s important to you.
- Short-form: Do you want people to be able to shorten the name? If so, are you comfortable with the nickname?
- Family: Does the name work well with other siblings’ names? Does it work with your last name? Don’t forget to check what the initials spell. You may be a fan, but little Bradley Michael Wall may not love BMWs.
- Pronunciation: Will people easily mispronounce the name? Is your little one in for a life of correcting people? Does that matter to you?
Still lost? Need some inspiration? Check out our favourite online naming site: www.nameberry.com
Did you know there’s even an app that you can use with your spouse? www.babyname-app.com
In the end, there is no right or wrong way to name your baby.
Whatever name you choose will be perfect for them and you.