We purchased the Bugaboo Bee last year, knowing that we absolutely LOVED our Bugaboo Cameleon, but knowing we wanted something of similar quality, but lighter in weight and easier to travel with. Our daughter was getting older and while we still needed a stroller for her, we did not always want to lug around a full sized deluxe stroller, no matter how much we loved it. When I laid eyes on the Bugaboo Bee Plus, I instantly fell in love. The Bee Plus has the trademark look of a Bugaboo, sleek and stylish, but offers a ton of functionality as well. Beyond the easy to travel with light-weight stroller, it offers the flexibility to grow with your child from newborn, right into the toddler years. This stroller has so much to offer, on a compact size, that it could easily be used as your primary stroller and after using it for over 6 months, I am a believer and huge fan.
11 Things to love about the Bugaboo Bee Plus
- Customizable. With 6 classic colors to choose from, as well as an array of limited edition options, you can customize the stroller to fit your style and child. The hoods are easily interchangeable, so if you decide to go with pink (like me!), and have a boy later on, it’s as easy to order a new hood and you have a new stroller.
- Easy to maneuver. If you have ever pushed a Bugaboo, you know why they are sought after and infamous. The Bee Plus offers independent 4 wheel suspension on a lightweight aluminum frame. You can literally push this stroller with one hand through the busiest city streets or airports.
- Lightweight. Weighing only 18.5lbs, even the smallest people can easily transport this stroller, without breaking your back! Trust me, I am 4’11 and do it with ease.
- Compact. One of the few luxury strollers on the market that offers this much, yet folds in one small piece. There is no need to remove the seat or bassinet attachment in order to store the stroller away, whether it is a small trunk, or front closet. A big plus when you have a very active toddler or crying baby on your hands.
- Easy fold. No more struggling in the snow/rain/crowded parking lot/airport with a complex folding routine, this is one of the easiest to fold strollers I have seen.
- Great accessories. There is an array of great accessories offered by Bugaboo, including a cup holder, parent organizer (my favorite), foot-muff, Breezy Sun Canopy, rain cover and a parasol, are both fun and very functional. There are also a lot of generic accessories that fit beautifully onto the stroller.
- Holds two children. If you are looking for a easy way to keep two children in check, the Bugaboo wheeled board is one of the best accessories out there. The board connects to the back of the stroller, and folds easily out of the way when not in use. It offers both a great way to travel with two, and a resting spot for a older sibling.
- Car seat friendly. Bugaboo Bee Plus offers three different car seat adapters, making the transition from car to stroller with a smaller baby, both easy and convenient. No need to wake up that sleeping baby, you can breathe a sigh of relief.
- Adaptable seat. The seat that is included with the Bee is reversible and can easily be flipped around, meaning you have the option to have your child face you, or face outwards. The seat also has 3 different reclining positions (including a FULLY reclining position!), and multiple height options and leg length for the seat as well. There is also the innovative ‘Cocoon’ that you can purchase separately that transforms the fully reclined seat into a cozy spot for your infant.
- Sun protection. Along with the traditional sun shade, Bugaboo also offers the Breezy Sun Canopy. This hood attachment can close fully over the seat and allows extra ventilation in the heat, full sun protection and easy accessibility.
- Bugaboo quality. Bugaboo has one of the best customer service departments I have ever been in contact with. They stand behind their product 100% and are dedicated to their loyal customers. Backed by a 2 year manufacture warranty, they ensure you have the safest and best product possible.
We recently took the Bugaboo Bee Plus with us on a trip to Florida (and Disneyworld!), and I couldn’t be happier with it. The system was a breeze to travel through the airport with, going through all of the security checkpoints and checking it at the gate were simple. I watched in sympathy as people struggled to fold and unfold their bulky travel systems and balance all the luggage required on such a trip. When you have a 2.5 year old in tow, you better believe that anything to make airport traveling is a major plus. We traveled through Florida happily, with Marley taking her naps all cozy in the Bee Plus, while we strolled in the sand, or lounged by the pool (I know, life is rough). Our day at Disney went as smoothly as possible, with our Bee holding all of our belongings and still offering a place to rest for a very excited toddler. It handled the cobblestone streets, and very large crowds beautifully. I had 4 or 5 separate people come up to us to ask questions about what stroller it was, one of which was a expectant first time Mom who was all but ready to buy it off of me on the spot, after I gave her a quick demo (because I am enthusiastic like that).
When it comes right down to it, we absolutely love our Bugaboo Bee Plus, and I think you would too.
Another note about Bugaboo in general, that I would like to mention, is that they work with (RED), contributing to the Global Fund to help eliminate AIDS in Africa. I find it truly admirable when a company as large and successful as Bugaboo make the decision to use their influence and impact the world we live in.
Tip: Did you know that the Bugaboo cup holder can clip onto the side of the child seat and double as a child snack/drink holder? Love it!
My must have accessories for the Bugaboo Bee:
- Bugaboo Bee Plus Base and Bugaboo Bee Plus Sun canopy (this makes up the traditional setup of the stroller)
- Bugaboo Parent Organizer
- Bugaboo Cup Holder
- Bugaboo Seat liner
- Bugaboo Wheeled Board
- Mommy Hook
- Bugaboo Breezy Sun Canopy or Bugaboo Universal Parasol or Diono Shade Maker for extra shade.